Your privacy is important to us. We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is respected and maintained at all times.
Information Collection Statement
Visiting or browsing our website does not disclose any personal or sensitive information. We record anonymous information such as the date and time of your visit, the server IP address and the information viewed. The information gathered cannot be directly traced to any individual and is only used for statistical purposes. The information cannot tell us anything about you; it can only tell us about how you used our web site. No attempt is made to identify users or their browsing activities.
What your personal information is:
Personal information is any information or an opinion (whether true or not) about you. It may range from the sensitive to the everyday. It would include the opinions of others about your work performance (whether true or not), your work experience and qualifications, aptitude or psychometric test results and other information obtained by us in connection with your possible work placement.
Who will be collecting your personal and sensitive information:
Your personal information will be collected by The Executive Index Pty Ltd for its own use.
How to contact us:
If you wish to contact us about your personal information you should contact.
Telephone: (03) 9028 4428
How your information will be collected:-
Personal information will be collected from you directly when we:
- receive an application for a particular position.
- receive a registration from you for any general position.
- receive any reference or other information about you.
- receive results of inquiries that we might make of your former employers, work colleagues, professional associations etc.
- receive the results of any competency/psychometric testing process.
- receive performance feedback (whether positive or negative).
Your information will be used:-
Your personal information may be used in connection with:
- your actual or possible work placement.
- any test or assessment (including medical tests and psychometric assessments) that you might be required to undergo.
- our management of any complaint, investigation or inquiry in which you are involved.
- any insurance claim or proposal that requires disclosure of your personal information.
Your personal and sensitive information may be disclosed to:-
- potential and actual employers and clients of The Executive Index Pty Ltd.
- our insurers.
- a professional association or registration body that has a proper interest in the disclosure of your personal information.
- any person with a lawful entitlement to obtain the information.
If you do not give us the information we seek:-
- we may be limited in our ability to recommend you to our clients for placement.
You can gain access to your information to correct it if it is wrong:-
Subject to some exceptions which are set out in the National Privacy Principles (Principle 6 – Access and Correction), you have a right to see and have a copy of personal information about you that we hold.
If you are able to establish that personal information that we hold about you is not accurate, complete and up-to-date, we will take reasonable steps to correct it so that it is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
If we are unable to agree that personal information that we hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date, you may ask us to place with the information, a statement by you that claims that particular information is not accurate, complete and up-to-date.
If you wish to exercise your rights of access and correction you should contact our Privacy Contact, whose details are shown above.
In some cases we may impose a moderate charge for providing access to personal information. We will not charge you simply because you lodge a request for access.
Making an application – National Privacy Principles
The National Privacy Principles established by the Privacy Act 1988 apply to The Executive Index Pty Ltd.
Type of Personal Information Held
Personal information that we collect and hold usually falls into the following category:
- Candidate Information submitted and obtained from the Candidate and other sources in connection with applications or assessments for any particular position.
- Work performance information.
- Information obtained to assist in managing our client and business relationships.
Purposes for which we hold Personal Information
We primarily hold personal information for the following:
- Recruitment / Placement activities.
- Client and business relationship management.
We may disclose your personal information for the purposes for which it is primarily held or for a related secondary purpose, but only with your consent. We may disclose your personal information where we are under a legal duty to do so, including circumstances where we are under a lawful duty of care to disclose information.
Subject to some exceptions that are set out in the National Privacy Principles, you can gain access to the personal information that we hold about you. We do refuse access if it would interfere with the privacy rights of other persons or if it breaches any confidentiality that attaches to that information.
If you wish to obtain access to your personal information you should contact our Privacy Contact. You will need to be in a position to verify your identity. We might impose a moderate charge in providing access. Our Privacy Contact would discuss these with you.
You should also anticipate that it may take a little time to process your application for access as there may be a need to retrieve information from storage and review information in order to determine what information may be provided.
Inquiries and Complaints
You can make further inquiries or complaints about our privacy policies to our Privacy Contact whose contact details are:
Telephone: (03) 9028 4428
You can also make complaints to the Office of the Federal Privacy Commissioner.